Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Simple Crafts Challenge Project with Wobbles.

I recently came across this new to me challenge blog, Simply Crafts. I really enjoy challenges where you are to use a specific cut from a Cricut cart. I am sad to say this challenge was to use a cut from the Beep Beep cart. I don't have that one, can you believe it- LOL!
Fortunately, any airplane cut will do. Seeing the preferred image, I immediately thought of the Hello Kitty cart.

A week or so ago, Mary over at CardzTV did a video where she gave a great tip when using the cuts from this cart. She mentioned that if you cut the image using the silhouette feature, the other pieces will fit right into the open spaces like a puzzle making it extremely easy to piece these little cuts together. I tried this technique and like magic, everything went together super fast.

I added an action wobble to the die cut to give some motion as she flies across the sky.

Action wobble added to die cut
Now here is another blog you will want to check out as well. It's brand new and called Action Wobbles. While they get ready to do the full launch of this new blog, the DT is on the look out for projects using action wobbles. If they catch you using a wobble, you could win a prize package of action wobbles. How cool is this!

I have the rest of this week off from work, so I am off to do some weeding and deadheading in my gardens. It is super hot today, so we will see how long I last out there.

Have a super creative day!

Here's how I did it...
A2 card based of white card stock
Cloud paper is from Echo paper pad Sweet Day
Pink pattern papers from My Minds Eye paper pad Fine and Dandy
All other papers from my scrap stash
Airplane/layers cut at 2.75" from Hello Kitty cart
Twine from Twinery
Sentiment from CardzTV Ticket Talk 2
Misc sticker gems in Kitty's bow
Action wobble on the plane.

7 comments:

Annette said...

HK is super cute in her plane. TFS tip on cutting!

Annette
mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

Glora said...

I think that this Hello Kitty cut is the perfect substitute for the Beep Beep cut. I also LOVE it on an Action Wobble. Thanks for playing along in our Simply Crafts Challenge! Hugs- Glora

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is so darn cute. TFS :-)

Kate said...

Super CUTE. Love what you did with the colors and paper you used.

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

Yeah you just got caught wobbling... way to go ... contact me at
thescrapbookingqueen1@gmail.com and
we'll get your on our blog and some goodies too...
The Queen

Sherri said...

Love your project, and that you used a wobble…AWESOME!!

Hugs,
Sherri
The Squeaky Scrapper

Rosie said...

super cute

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com