Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hot Hot challenges!

Well, I am traveling for work this week and my travels have taken me to the wonderful and HOT Panama. I do have to say my job takes me to some amazing places. I get to see the Canal today- I can see so  many ships lined up waiting for their turn to go through the canal from my hotel room.


So before I left for the airport yesterday morning, I did this quick little card for a couple "hot" challenges. 
It's a Terrific Tuesday Hit the Beach challenge going on now over at Scrappy Moms Stamps and a Hot Hot Hot challenge over at Papercraft Star.


Have a great day and stay cool wherever you are.


Here's How I did it...
Base card is 5" square on kraft card stock
Paper form Echo paper Paradise Beach and Authentic Fresh paper pads
Mats are cut at 4 7/8" and 4.5" square
Sand castle/layers cut at 3.5" from Fun in the Sun cart
The scallop sun were leftover die cuts in my stash- had to pull from that sine I had so little time to do this card
The scallop is inked with weathered wood Tim Holtz ink
Twine from Twinery
Sentiment from Scrappy Moms Stamps Spring Fling stamp set

11 comments:

Kate said...

Wow this looks GREAT! Love it.

Hope you have a safe trip.

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Barb, love those sun rays! Thanks for joining us this week at the Papercraft Star for the "Include a Sun" challenge.

Adrian said...

2 cute! Yes I loved Panama also:)

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

Adorable card! I love the twine sun rays! Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

- Mel

Rachel said...

Love this card Barb! Love that fab backing paper with the sand castle on top! Rachel xxx

Pat N. said...

Panama, huh? Wow what a trip! Your card is so appropriate and adorable! I don't know how you put that together so quickly! TFS!--Pat

Georgiana said...

Lucky you...my husband has always wanted to go to Panama just to see the canal. One day when the kids are off on their own, we will go!

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Alice Pace said...

Wow cute card! Thanks for posting!

Sarah said...

Great card, I love using the twine as part of the sunlight. and that sand castle is really cute!

~Sarah

Sleepy Stamper said...

What a great card Barb! The castle and sun are so cute! Save travels and thank you for joining us at the Papercraft Star!

Anitra

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely scene you created ... love the use of the twine ... manyt thanks for playing at Papercraft Star this week