Saturday, July 28, 2012

GSS Christmas in July Blog Hop- Day 2!

Welcome back to day 2 of our Christmas In July Blog Hop with the Ginger Snap Scraps Design Team!
If you came from Ashley's blog then you are in the right spot!
If you want to start form the beginning, click here.

Wow, there were so many great projects yesterday, I can't wait to see what everyone has done for day 2. 

If you missed yesterday, no worries, let me bring you up to speed.

This weekend, the Design Team is featuring projects all about Christmas! Yes, I know, already! But it is only 5 months away!

I found this a great little nudge to get started on holiday cards. I figure one here and there will build my stash so I am ready to send cards in December.

So my card today is a 6x6 card with a kraft paper base again. I really do love kraft card stock.

I used many scraps of several papers for this card, but the red and red star pattern papers were from the Authentique Glory paper Pad. I love this stack and have used it so much that I had to order another one already. You can get one too right now over at the GSS online store.
I used the Elegant edges cart for the mats, the boot was cut at 3.25" from the Just Because Cards cart and the holly leaves from the CM Tis the Season cartridge. I added a brad, some twine, sticker pearls and a bow from my stash. The sentiment is from my very own BugBites stamp set, Mistletoe .
Now I don't want to keep you waiting, there is so much more to see from the DT.
But first there is blog candy!  

GSS is giving away 2 - $10 gift card to Ginger Snap Scraps!
Just leave a comment here and let us know that you did the following:
Profile Picture
Thank you for stopping by. Now, let's get hopping over to Connie's blog to see what she has in store for us!
Here is the entire line up in case you get lost along the way...
Barb - http://bugbites411.blogspot.com -- you are here
Connie - http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com-- your next stop

16 comments:

Georgiana said...

Very festive holiday card. Loving the candy canes coming out of the boot. Looks fabulous!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Sheri said...

I love the old-fashioned feel to the card! Very pretty :)

Sheri R

sherii at cfl dot rr dot com

Kate said...

Pretty Card. Love the cowboy boots.

jessica said...

what a gorgeous card Barb!! Love all the cuts and bling and awesome sentiment!!!

Sue D said...

Cute--love the boot.
I am a GSS follower.

Ann said...

Fantastic card! I love that paper too!

D- said...

Love your card. Love your colors. TFS,
dmcardmaker (at aol dot com)

scrappinC said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and the sentiment.
Cindy Lou
endurapuppy at yahoo dot com

Sarah said...

LOVE how this turned out! I too adore the Glory paper pad-it's just a great combo of papers!

Carla said...

I love your card. The boot is so fun. I love the papers you used and the sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing.

racincrafts at aim dot com

recollectionalley said...

Super Cute! We love a western Christmas here in Oklahoma!

Janea
www.recollectionalley.blogspot.com

pruttybird said...

Awww ... Very cute!

pruttybird at comcast dot net

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Love the bling and crinkle ribbon. To cute !!! Am a follower for blog and FB .
Brianna

Annette said...

Great idea for a Christmas card!

Annette
My Mind's Dust Bunnies

Maria Matter said...

fabulous Barb! love the boot!! :)

marg0006 said...

Awesome card. I love that you used a cowboy boot. I like all the embellishes you added. The seniment works great.

marg0006 at verizon dot net