Friday, July 27, 2012

GSS Christmas in July Blog Hop- Day 1!

Welcome to our Christmas In July Blog Hop with the Ginger Snap Scraps Design Team!
If you came from Ashley's blog then you are in the right spot!
If you want to start form the beginning, click here.

This weekend, the Design Team will be featuring projects all about Christmas! I cannot believe that Christmas is only 5 months away!!
We hope you enjoy all of the great projects the Design Team has done and find some Christmas inspiration to start those holiday projects a bit early. 

I did a rectangle card. It measures 6.25" x3.25".
I used kraft paper for the base. All papers including the cute pattern background paper is from EP Seasons Greeting paper pad, I then cut the image of the children and the tree from Cricut's A Child's Year cartridge and adhered it with pop dots.
The sentiment is from my very own BugBites stamp set, Mistletoe, that I stamp in evergreen ink. I then added a little button and it's ready to send.
Now I don't want to keep you waiting, there is so much more to see from the DT.
But first there is blog candy!  

GSS is giving away 2 - $10 gift card to Ginger Snap Scraps!
Just leave a comment here and let us know that you did the following:
Profile Picture
We hope you enjoy our first day of the Christmas in July Blog Hop! Be sure to come back tomorrow to see my Day two project.

Now, let's get hopping over to Connie's blog to see what she has in store for us!
Here is the entire line up in case you get lost along the way...

Barb - http://bugbites411.blogspot.com -- you are here
Connie - http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com-- your next stop

19 comments:

Sarah said...

Great card Barb! Looks like Mistletoe is going to be getting quite a workout this weekend! And I LOVE it :)

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh Barb, this is really pretty! Love the vintage feel and the sentiment is just lovely!

Creative Diva said...

Beautiful job Barb! Love the image. I don't think Ive seen that one before. Very nice.

Hugs,
Patty
GSS DT Sister

D- said...

Love your card. I love the images on A Chil's Year. TFS.
I signed up as an email follower at G Snaps but don't do Facebook.
dmcardmaker (at aol dot com)

Sheri said...

Awww... such an old-fashioned feel to the card - I like it!

Sheri R

sherii at cfl dot rr dot com

jessica said...

awesome card Barb! Love the cuts and of course the sentiment!!!
TFS and have a GREAT weekend!!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Love your vintage feel card! Such a great image to spark my childhood memories!

Kate said...

So Pretty. Love the paper and sentiment is perfect. TFS.

Marcia said...

Love it! ACY is one of my favorite carts!

mb6464@hotmail.com
marciasmemories.blogspot.com

Evelina Wikberg said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!! Has a bit of a vintage feel to it. Love it! xx

Maria Matter said...

so beautiful Barb!! love this Christmas paper!!

Lara said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Nice work!

Lisa Benson said...

Very Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Carla said...

Your card is adorable. I love the kids and the Christmas Tree and your sentiment is amazing I'm going to have to order a set before Christmas.
Thanks for sharing.


racincrafts at aim dot com

scrappinC said...

Beautiful card. Love the papers you used and the image. Love the sentiment.
TFS!
Cindy Lou
endurapupppy at yahoo dot com

Sue D said...

Great card--I like the silhouette.
I am a GSS follower.

recollectionalley said...

I really like the cut from the A Child's Year cart. You have convinced me I need to get tit.

Janea
www.recollectionalley.blogspot.com

pruttybird said...

Too cute :)

pruttybird at comcast dot net

marg0006 said...

Oh, I just love silouttes. So pretty.

marg0006 at verizon dot net