Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy President's Day

I am lucky enough to have had the day off today. Hope some of you did as well. I spent my doing a few cards for some challenges.

I am a dedicated follower of the Fantabulous Cricut blog and try to participate in their Challenge Me Monday challenges as much as possible. This week the challenge is to use fabric, lace, or trim on your project.
Here is what I came up ...
I know this may look like a carry over from Valentine's Day, but  this truly is not the case. 

The inspiration came from a few new toys in my scrap room that I wanted to use. Along with the Formal Occasions Cricut cartridge, I just got the Teeny Tag Greetings stamps from Emma over at My Creative Time in the mail and had to give them a try. There are so many stamps in this set and can be used on just about any card. 

So with the challenge in mind, I decided on a simple card using the heart from the Formal Occasions cartridge. I like how the lace around the edge helps it pop off the brown paper. 

Here's how I did it....
Standard A2 base card size
Brown paper is from Stampin' Up, Pink dots from My Mind's Eye and the rest from my scrap stash
Heart/layers cut at 5" from Formal Occasion
Mesh and Divine Swirls Cuttlebug folders
Sentiment from My Creative Time Teeny Tag Greetings stamps set
Lace from my stash

4 comments:

Brenda said...

sooo pretty!!!thanks for stopping by my blog!
hugs
Brenda

Sarah said...

This is adorable-- I definitely might need to get that stamp set--so cute!!

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card Barb! I love the pretty trim and darling sentiment:) Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at FCCB!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Shelly said...

So SO CUTE! Love all the paper! Great colors!
Have a GREAT night!
Shelly