Monday, January 2, 2012

The first Monday of the year.

Well, it is the first Monday of 2012. With the start of a new week and and New Year there are lots of new challenges going on. Today I'm going to try to get a few cards done for my stash using these challenges as inspiration to keep me focused and on track.


First up is a card for the Peachy Keen Let's Face it Friday Challenge and the Make it Monday challenge:Anything Goes over at Kraft Outlet.
I just got the new Creative Memories This & That cartridge. 
To order this Cricut Cartridge or any of the other CM Cricut exclusives, click here and when you check out, please select Barb Orvis as the consultant. I would be so greatful. 


This cartridge has some super cuts on it and I am anxious to use some for upcoming Valentine's Cards. 
I didn't put a sentiment in the inside yet because it could be for a little boys birthday, could be for a family moving into a new home, or many other things. Therefore, I will leave the inside blank until the time comes to use it and then include a sentiment appropriate for the occasion. 


The background paper was made by cutting a mat from Kraft paper and then using a stamp from My Pink Stamper, I stamped the words "Under Construction" across it to make my own pattern paper. 


Back later with more...


Here's How I did it...
Paper all from my stash
Card base sized and cut using my Gypsy and Lacey Labels
The mat cut from Lacy Labels on the Kraft card stock
Sentiments used are from MPS Boy Crazy stamp set
Face from Peachy Keen Wide Eyed Kids stamp set
Twine from Twinery
Misc Brads and snaps from my stash
Doodles with my pens.

7 comments:

Pat N. said...

Very cute card!!--Pat N.

Kate said...

This is so cute, Barb! I love the way you stamped the craft paper. What a fantastic idea! And the mischievous expression is just perfect on your little guy!

Melissa said...

He is gonna build something GOOD. I need to pull paper for this challenge, love the card shape.

Cindy :) said...

awesome cut, really cute card, I just got these face stamps with Christmas money and love them :) gl

Amy said...

Very cute!! I love the glossy accents on his peachy faced eyes! :)Amy

Raven B said...

oh my goodness this is adorable!!!! :)

Unknown said...

OMG what a totally adorable card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal this week for our Anything Goes challenge!