Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Splish Splash and a Chillin' Bug Hop is almost here!

Wow- we go from spring to hot and sticky summer. Today is actually quite nice, a bit of sunshine and a light breeze. But when it gets steamy, thisis what looks good to me. Sitting in a tube in the middle of the lake. 
You could say this little gal is Chillin'!

She is just in time for the Grillin' & Chillin' Bug Hop coming your way on Saturday. 

I had the bug hop theme in mind when making this card, but then saw the challenge over at Cricut Cardz Challenge this week  is to use the card feature from any cart.
So I decided to give that a try. I also stickled on all the white lines in the water paper to make is shimmer like when the sun hits the water at the lake.

Here's how I did it....
Paper from my stash
Base card cut at 5.48" from A Child's Year using the card feature
Girl/layers cut at 2.94" on my gypsy from Pack Your Bags, p. 35--added pop dots to here so she is floating above the water
Ribbon from my stash
Setniment from My Creative Times My Favorite Sayings stamp set
Face from PKS Basic Doll faces
Flower brad and doodles with my gel pen.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

This turned out great! Nice work!

Peggy Sue said...

How adorable! I love it!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun and cute!

Melissa said...

This is adorable, I just love the water affect, great job, thanks so much for joining CCC!

Barb Smith said...

How appropriate given the very hot weather everyone's had lately. Great job! Thanks for joining us in this challenge.

Barb from Toronto, Canada
CCC Design Team #2

Adrian said...

very pretty, nice job!

Pat N. said...

That is super cute, Barb! Looking forward to visiting for the Chillin' Bug hop!

Mary said...

This is awesome, I love how you did the water. Great job!!

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOODNESS! This turned out sooo CUTE! Looking forward to the HOP! Thanks for joining us at Cricut Cardz! :o)
Theresa

Cindy Beland said...

This is such a fun and cute card!SUPER job with it,I love the water and the sweet little girl!!!:)

joomla outsource said...

wow...Lovely!!! I just love this cute card.. Those little girl is looking adorable.. Those colors are lovely.. I love those sparkles. thanks for this nice post.

Gerda said...

I like you're card very much. Great Idea!
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com