Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Some Patriotic Cards I have been working on.

I have been busy trying to get my 4th of July cards done so I can get them in the mail. To make it fun, I decided to do different cards for everyone based on challenges that are in the blog world to challenge myself to come up with many designs rather than one design and mass produce it.  I admit, I get bored making so many of one thing. 

So you will see a few post over the next day or two of my cards. 
Here is the first one....
This is using that cute little Uncle Sam stamp I mentioned a few posts back.
Used some paper from a Memory Keeper 6x6 paper stack. It reads God Bless America on the inside. 

I will be linking it up to the following challenges. 
Craft Us Crazy #11 : Red White and Blue or Summer theme
Celebrate the Occasion #20 : 4th of July, Red, White and Blue

Please be sure to check out these blogs for some great inspiration.

Here's How I did it...
Card is basic A2 size using Memory Keeper papers from Yankee Doodles 6x6 stack
Stamp is Stampendous- colored using copic markers
Frame is from Lacy Labels Cricut cart size on my Gypsy to fit the image
EK Border stamp for red border
Paisley Cuttlebug Folder to give texture to white strip
MS Bakers twine

10 comments:

Adrian said...

very nice card!

Adrian said...

PS! Thanks for playing with us @ CTO!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Great Patriotic card. There are 2 other challenges you may be able to enter if you have not already done so with another Patriotic card: Paper Playtime CH #19 - Digi Monday using Red, White & Blue (does not need a digi image just a stamped sentiment) & creaftspotbykimberly Mon Challenge #14 Seeing Stars.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Great patriotic card- love the cute little stamp! Super cute! :)Amy

girlia said...

This is just adorable. Thanks for playing with us this week at CTO

girlia said...

This is just adorable. Thanks for playing with us this week at CTO

Lisa Norris said...

Very cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CTO! :o)

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

This is absolutely adorable, love your display of patriotism!! Thanks so much for joining CTO!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I just love your adorable image with the combination of you DP's, great card! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

How cute cute cute is that! Darling card! And I'm with you.......I get too bored with just one card design to mass produce.
Thanks so much for joining us in our "Summer Theme and/or Red, White & Blue” challenge at Craft Us Crazy and hope you will join us again!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥
Craft Us Crazy DT