Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Sheri Crafts Independance Day Challenge

The challenge over at My Sheri Crafts this week is Independence Day.

I decided to use the other stamp from my bargain $2 stamp set, which is the Lady Liberty part of the stamp set and ventured out to use colors other than Red, White and Blue.

I think it is still Patriotic.
 

I also tried a “new to me” technique of stamping the image on another piece of paper and then cut out the part I wanted to be that color and layered them on to the original stamped image. 


So in these examples, I cut out the teal colored paper and glued it to the stamped image on the white paper. I then colored the rest of the stamp with my markers.



In a couple I also added a Sentiment, Let Freedom Ring, from Prickly Pear

Inside I stamped a simple Happy 4th of July using a wood mounted stamp from Stampendous

Have a great day!!
 

Here’s How I did it…
Card base is A2
Paper is from my stash
Liberty girl is a Stampendous Stamp - see stamp set to the right
Let Freedom Ring is from Prickly Pear
Star brads I  had in my stash for a very, very  long time and finally found a use for them
Ovals cut using the Creative Memories custom cutting system
MS bakers twine

4 comments:

Amy said...

I really like how you did these cards! Love the twine, stars, and tea colored paper with the image- looks great! TFS! :)Amy

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like how you assembled the different colorings for the stamped image. Not seen the cute stamp set and will have to look for it. Did you get it at JoAnns or Michaels?
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the cards. There are great with that color palette.

Sheri said...

These are ALL great! Luv the paper piecing! Thanks for joining this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)