Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lemonade anyone?

Wow- it is Thursday already- where does the time go. We had record temperatures 48 hours ago, over 100 degrees, now today feels like we are only going to be in the 60's maybe low 70's. How weird is the weather this year for everyone, right?

I was lucky enough to have received one of the  Provocraft Mother's Day flowers from Robin over at Robin's Creative Cottage. The flower allows me a chance to experience the Cricut Circle for 3 months.  

I have discovered that there is a member only Cricut Circle Blog and they have a bunch of challenges going on all the time. You know how I love challenges. 

So here we go....

We have a local week long summer festival here each year and one of the events is the Lemonade Art Fair.
It's a great event with lots of crafters, fresh squeezed lemonade and music. 

The Cricut Circle Monthly challenge this month is to do a project using at least 4 Cricut Cuts from any cartridge in your design and at least 3 Imaginisce products like their paper, I-top, I-Rock, Stickers, ribbon or any other product they produce in your design. 

I love this brand. They have the cutest paper. 

I put the thoughts of lemonade and the challenge together for a layout that I have already for my pictures that I will have from the art fair later this summer. Isn't this paper just perfect for a lemonade themed page.
The Imaginisce products I used are the Berrylicious Pattern paper, Canvas stickers, ribbon from the Animal Cracker collection and my i-rock for a bit of bling. This was such a fun challenge.

Here's how I did it...
12x12 background paper is Imaginisce from Berrylicious collection
All other paper from my scrap stash
Glass of lemonade/layers cut at 5" from Just Because Cards
Lemons cut at .5", 2.5" & 2.75" from Simply Charmed
Lemonade/layers title cut at 5.05" x 1.82" using my Gypsy from Simply Charmed
Art Fair/layers cut at 1.42" sized with the Gypsy from Mickey Font
Scallop mats cut at 4.5" x 6.5" sized on the Gypsy  from Elegant Edges
Canvas stickers from Imaginisce from Berrylicious collection
Red polka dot ribbon from Imaginisce animal cracker collection
Rhinestones using my i-rock from Imaginisce
PKS Happy Lashes faces
Yellow stickles on the lemon
Glossy Accents on the lemonade in the glass

2 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the lemondade layout. I just discovered the Peachy Keen Stamp site and am looking at buying some of the face stamps.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http:createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Maria Matter said...

fabulous LO Barb, love the fun accents you added!
hugs