Monday, June 20, 2011

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday challenge #65-Summer Sun

If you hare hopping over from Frosted Designs today to see the Mini Album Project, click here.

It's another Monday.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
I had a great weekend- I got a new toy. 

I am happy to report, I finally made the jump and ordered a Cricut Imagine!!
I got it late on Friday, so was getting to know it over the weekend. 

I think it is going to be fun

 
The challenge this week at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday is Summer Sun- create any project with a sun on it, be sure to use at least one Cricut cut. 
Nothing like fishing off the dock at the lake on a warm, sunny, summer day.
Of course, I just had to use my favorite cartridge for this challenge, Campin Critters. 
I also wanted to use my new toy on this project as well. So I printed the stripped background paper and the sun with the Imagine.
I hope you will stop over to FCCB and link up a project. I would love to see how you use a sun on your project.
 

Here's how I did it...

Card base is 5"x5" from Kraft card stock
Striped background paper printed and cut from Imagine More cartridge
Lake scene/layers cut at 4.75" from Campin' Critters, p. 64
Deer/layers cute at 2.5" from Campin' Critters, p.24
Sun printed and cut at 1.8" from Imagine More cartridge
Sentiment from Pink by Design Woodland Critters
Sentiment tag cut from Campin Critters
Ribbon and breads from my stash
Pop dots for the deer.

17 comments:

Jessica Buffa said...

My, my, so so cute. I am thinking I really need that Campin Critters cart. Such adorable projects are being made using it. Great job on the paper and sun via the Imagine!
:O)
Jessica

Rhonda Emery said...

so cute, love the saying on the card. hugs

Amy said...

I just love this card- so cute and that sentiment is perfect for the card! Have fun with your new toy!
:)Amy

Josie0602 said...

I love your card! Just used that deer for my husband's birthday card. Wish I had thought to use the patterned paper for my trees. Yours is just too cute!

Kate said...

This is SO cute! I love the little scene you've created and that sentiment is fabulous!!
(I just got Campin' Critters yesterday and can't wait to use it!)

My Lil' Bits said...

LOVE this card, it's so cute!
Lisa C

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my...how cute is that? What a cute little camping scene! And the sentiment is just perfect, love it!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute!

Unknown said...

GREAT card Barb! Love them always. The eyes just crack me up. :)

Sherrie K. said...

You did a fantastic job on this card Barb! The colors are great and the sentiment is perfect:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love this card :-)

Larelyn said...

Such a fun cartridge and you created an adorable card! It's just fabulous. Enjoy your Imagine. Looks like you got off to a great start.
Hugs,

Sarah said...

Love this card! Looks like you're already a pro with your new toy :)

Maquel said...

Barb!! This is fantastic!!! So stinkin' cute, and the sentiment is perfect!! Great job this week!!

Jennie Garcia said...

You got an Imagine!! I am jealous!! I can't wait to see what you make with it!! And that Camping Critters Cart looks amazing!!! Your card is so cute!! I love the scene you created!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

AmyJRockstar said...

Barb,
I just love your style! This is the cutest card ever. I love everything about it and want one just like it! Would you be interested in making me one? It's just too darned cute! I want one to hang in my craft room. I'd be happy to pay for it of course. :0)

Xo ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT, Thursday's Tutorial Hostess)

AmyJRockstar said...

Oh! And CONGRATS on your new purchase, Darling! ;) So glad you took the plunge! Can't wait to hear what you think. :0)

Hugs,
Amy Jo
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/