Friday, June 10, 2011

A Cricut Circle Challenge

I am having fun digging and discovering all the things the Cricut Cricle has to offer. 
Still not sure if I will join after my trial, but we will see. 

In the meantime, I am going to see if I can keep up with all the fun challenges they have over there. 

So this card was done for one of their Magazine challenges. The challenge was to get inspiration from the May issue of the Cricut Circle Magazine and use at least 3 cricut cuts.
Well, this issue had a section on flowers and gardening items as well as a card that had a single flower on the front. 

So here is a little card I did from that inspiration. 
It is hard to tell from the photos, but the vase and the yellow flower I popped up so it had more dimension. I also have some bling gems on each side which are hard to see here as well. 

I used the frame cut from the Cindy Loo cart after seeing a Friday tips video over at 
It was a great video where I learned how Emma does her frames, so I had to try it. 

Here's How I did it... 
Card base is from red card stock and is standard A2 size
Pattern paper from Fancy Pants
All other paper from my scrap stash
Frame cut from Cindy Loo at sized to 3.69"x4.75"  and hiding the center with my gypsy
Oval cut at 2.44" x 3.46" from Cindy Loo. Welded a second copy of this to my frame before cutting
Flowers/layers cut at 2.61" from Everyday Pop-Up Cards
Circles cut from CM circle punch
Sentiment from My Pink Stamper Everyday Life Stamp set
Stickles, chalk, gems and doodles with my gel pen.

3 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Pretty posie card. Especially like the framing.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Very pretty card! I would love to hear more about your circle experience and what you like/don't like. Not a member yet, and would love to hear opinion. TFS! Amy :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty! Great paper!