Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy BIrthday America- Shape card

Here is my  Happy Birthday to America card. 
It is not specifically an every day birthday card, but after all it is our countries Birthday in just a couple weeks.

I dug out a cartridge I have not used in a while, Robotz..


I am linking this up to Hand Stamped Sentiment's Stars and Stripes challenge this week. 

Here's how I did it....
Printed paper from Memory Keepers
Robot shadow sized to 4.6" and duplicate welded from Robotz, p. 49
Layers for Robot cut also at 4.6"
Inside Sentiment from MPK Freedom Rocks stamp set
Sentiment on front from BugBites (yup, you read right, more on that later)
Chalks and doodles with my gel pen

Happy Birthday America!!!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Really cute card! :)Amy

SusanBluerobot said...

fantastic ccard

Scrapper69 said...

This turned out soooo darn CUTE!
Theresa

Kristie W. said...

Hello!
While I do love your creative take on the challenge, the rules do specify that birthday wording/greeting be on your card front. If you decide to add a birthday sentiment to your card front, you are invited to re-link it to the challenge.

Thank you,
Kristie
Birthday Sundaes Owner
birthdaysundaes@gmail.com

Shannon said...

Barb, this card is so stinkin cute! You did a reat job. Love the shape card. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments,

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Very cute and creative! Great idea! I never would have thought of a patriotic robot. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Krista said...

Very cute little guy!! Gotta love glitter when we celebrate our country, it reminds me of fireworks!! Thank you for joining the challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Sherrie K. said...

What an awesome shaped card Barb!!! He looks so cute all decked out for the 4th!
Cute!!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Thanks for telling me about my win at Love to crop:) I appreciate it! I have been just swamped these days. I am hoping things settle down so I can get to crafting:)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Bard, this cute, little guy is out of this world! LOVE all of the sparkle and great details you added. Such a fresh and fun take on a 4th of July card. Very cool! Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)

Erin Gonzales said...

What a FUN card!!! I never would have thought of doing a card with such a cool shape!!! Nice work- thanks for sharing with us at HSS!!