Saturday, April 2, 2011

Girl Power - Guest Designer!

Hey everyone! I am the guest designer today over at Our Creative Corner.
The challenge this week is Girl Power and we are to include a hand made paper flower, ribbon and some bling. I pulled out the Once Upon a Princess cart and came up with this card. It is a BIG card, 5x7. I love the sentiment because it is fitting for a Birthday card, Graduation card, or any special moment in any girls life. 
The hard part for me was to come up with a creative way to make a handmade flower other than just cutting it with my Cricut. So I found this great video and ended up making about 6 of them. Super Simple. Like in the video, I added stickles around the edges of the flower for more sparkle.
Hope you hop over to Our Creative Corner and join in on the challenge this week. I would love to see what type of flowers and bling you use. 

Here's how I did it....
All paper is scraps from my stash
Girl/layers cut at 5" from Once Upon a Princess, p.26 & 37
Divine swirls cuttle bug folder for hair texture
face stamped with Peachy Keen Happy Lashes Stamp set
Ribbon from my stash
Brads and bling with my I-rock for belt and necklace
Sentiment from My creative time Polka Dot Surprise stamp set
Chalk and doodles with my gel pen

9 comments:

the cricutologist said...

She is fabulous! Love all the bling and the flower is so pretty too!

Wendy J. said...

Barb, very "girly" and very cute! Thanks for being our guest designer this week!

Sharon Wheet said...

Barb, I love it! And the tip of adding stickles around the edges of the flower is super creative! TFS. And your girl is sooo hip! I'm glad you got to play along with us! Fabulous card! (and sometimes an A2 card just won't do). :)

Kristin said...

My daughter just went nuts seeing this on my computer! She is too cute, I love her earings. Thanks for being the guest designer at the OCC this week!

Sarah Gough said...

Love your card, so cute and funky! so glad you could join us this week!

Kate said...

This is so fun! I love the embossed hair. It really gives it the look of curls!

Lori Rider said...

Love your little diva - she's super cute! Thanks so much for being our guest designer this week!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hi Barb! I love your layout and fun colors, plus the great handmade flower! It was fun having you design with us at OCC!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wonderful work, Barb! This is just too cute. Your handmade flower came out great - aren't they fun to make? Thanks so much for creating this delightful girly card for the guest designer spot at Our Creative Corner!