Friday, April 8, 2011

Frosted Design Fabulous Friday Challenge- Brads

Frosted Designs has challenged the DT to do a project using brads for the Fabulous Friday Challenge this week. 

So here is my 8x8 recipe page for some great salsas!

I thought it would be fun to follow the Tuesday Sketch team for this week as well. 
 
while I was on vacation, our cruise ship stopped at the island of  Curaçao. It is a beautiful island, very clean, safe, and very European feeling. 

While on the island, my husband I took a cooking class at a place called Angelica's Kitchen.
There were 22 people. We divided into teams where each team would cook and serve a course of our Caribbean lunch that day. The best part, besides the delicious lunch and wine, was that we received a copy of the recipes for all the dishes we made. 
The salsa with chips and a puff pastry item was the first course. It was followed by a plantin soup, carribean chicken and a sweet pancake with ice cream for dessert. 
There was plenty of wine and dancing while we cooked. A wonderful memory from our cruise.

I love my scrappy recipe book so this challenge along with the sketch challenge inspired me to do this recipe page for the Angelica's salsa.

Here's how I did it...
Background paper is Memory keepers from the Fiesta line
Jalapeno, border, and lime stickers are also Memory Keepers
The blue squiggle borders are punched using a Martha Stewart punch
Doodles using a CM doodle template
Bakers twine and lots and lots of Brads. Even the zigzag confetti pieces are brads.

I hope you will stop over at Frosted Designs and see what the other DT members have created to inspire you to link up a project of your own.

1 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Now that is one cooking class I think I would enjoy!! It sounds like so much fun and the fact that your hubby did it with you adds to the fun! I love all the fun colors you used on this one!

barb :)