Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Anniversary Celebration!

We are well on our way cruising in the Caribbean. 
We are cruising with a group of folks celebrating my friend's parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary. 
I wanted to be sure to have a card for them that wasn't too big, but could be displayed in their cruise cabin while on their trip. I decided on a 4 1/4" easel card. 
This my first time making an easel card- wow is it easy. There are many tutorials on the web for this if you haven't tried. I encourage you to check it out. Click here for the one I followed.

Here's how I did it.....
Paper is from The Paper Cut in metallic Champagne & Gold Leaf colors
Bazzill Walnut cream card stock
Sentiments are wood block stamps from Great Impressions and River City
Squares for card front and inside are cut at 4.25", 4", and 3.75"
'50'/layers cut at  2.06"  from Nursery Rhymes cart
'th'/layers cut at .84" from Nursery Rhymes cart
'Anniversary' cut at 2.64 " from Sweethearts cart, p.70
Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder for front embossing
Martha Stewart Deco Shells border punch
Sticker pearls
Ribbon from my stash
Gold embossing powder for the sentiments

2 comments:

Larelyn said...

Your card is stunning. I'm sure they are thrilled. Have a marvelous time.
Hugs,

Heather R... mousemomma said...

This is a very beautiful card!